Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous in Australia. The city was recently named the 2nd best student city in the world (QS World Rankings), as well as one of the world’s top 3 most livable cities. It is widely considered the “foodie capital” of Australia, and is also known as one of the country’s top sporting cities.
Create international style and skill to your portfolio though an art or design internship in Australia. It will also be a unique chance to learn what inspires other designers and artists abroad in a wide variety of placement options in galleries, studios, museums, theaters, and schools. Common internships include Curating, Graphic Design, Fashion, Painting, Photography, Performing Arts.
Internship duties may include:
- event planning
- designing products
- curating shows, installation
- creating event signage and promotions
- textile use
Internship assignments vary. While internships help develop technical abilities, they provide more fundamental life skills. Interns will get an introduction to the professional world as well as offer the opportunity to gain career ready competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and global and intercultural fluency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to take on multiple job responsibilities, including entry level tasks
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and deal with ambiguity
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team
- Strong attention to accuracy, details, and organizational skills
Dates and Deadlines
|Term||Year||Priority Deadline||Deadline||Arrival Date||Departure Date |
|Summer||2018||1/15/2018||Mid-late June||Mid-lae August |
Actual credit awarded is determined by the relevant department at your university in consultation with the study abroad office. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information.
UO students, please refer to the UO Course Equivalency Process and the UO Office of the Registrar Course Equivalency Database.