Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous in Australia. The city was recently named the 2nd best student city in the world (QS World Rankings), as well as one of the world’s top 3 most livable cities. It is widely considered the “foodie capital” of Australia, and is also known as one of the country’s top sporting cities.
Accounting and finance internships in Melbourne are a great way to gain valuable work experience in an international setting. There are a wide range of opportunities working with companies and organization of all sizes.
Example intern duties might include:
- asset management
- accounts receivable/payable
- financial analysis
- tax preparation
- financial reporting, administrative, and research.
Internship assignments vary. While internships help develop technical abilities, they provide more fundamental life skills. Interns will get an introduction to the professional world as well as the opportunity to gain career ready competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and global and intercultural fluency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to take on multiple job responsibilities, including entry level tasks
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and deal with ambiguity
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team
- Strong attention to accuracy, details, and organizational skills
Dates and Deadlines
|Term||Year||Priority Deadline||Deadline||Arrival Date||Departure Date |
|Summer||2018||1/15/2018||Mid-late June||Mid-late August |
Actual credit awarded is determined by the relevant department at your university in consultation with the study abroad office. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information.
UO students, please refer to the UO Course Equivalency Process and the UO Office of the Registrar Course Equivalency Database.