Sydney is Australia’s oldest and largest city and is the nation’s economic and financial hub. Located on the southeastern coast, Sydney is home to over 4.6 million people, and is known the world over for its stunning landmarks such as the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House, its amazing cuisine, and diverse populace.
Those seeking careers in advertising, communications, and journalism are well suited for global work experience. Many advertising companies work with global clients and journalism often is international in scope.
Example intern duties might include:
- client relationships
- social media management
- copy writing and editing
- website content development
- press releases
- communication strategy
Internship assignments vary. While internships help develop technical abilities, they provide more fundamental life skills. Interns will get an introduction to the professional world as well as the opportunity to gain career ready competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and global and intercultural fluency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to take on multiple job responsibilities, including entry level tasks
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and deal with ambiguity
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team
- Strong attention to accuracy, details, and organizational skills
Dates and Deadlines
|Term||Year||Priority Deadline||Deadline||Arrival Date||Departure Date |
|Summer||2018||1/15/2018||Mid-Late June||Mid-Late August |
Actual credit awarded is determined by the relevant department at your university in consultation with the study abroad office. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information.
UO students, please refer to the UO Course Equivalency Process and the UO Office of the Registrar Course Equivalency Database.