Interning in one of Europe’s most creative centers – Manchester, an exciting and friendly city famous for its history, music and sport – will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in British culture, history and business, and learn essential skills in the field of Information Technology.
Internship duties may include:
• Maintaining and managing the company website and blog, responsible for overseeing design and content changes
• Utilizing web development programming languages to assist in conducting SEO and SEM campaigns for clients
• Research and development into the creation and launch of a new App
• Creation of a website and database development project for a large marketing client
Internship assignments vary. While internships help develop technical abilities, they provide more fundamental life skills. Interns will get an introduction to the professional world as well as the opportunity to gain career ready competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and global and intercultural fluency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently
• Flexibility to take on multiple job responsibilities, including entry level tasks
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and deal with ambiguity
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team
• Strong attention to accuracy, details, and organizational skills
Dates and Deadlines
|Term||Year||Deadline||Arrival Date||Departure Date |
|Summer ||2018||2/15/2018||Mid-late June||Mid-late August |
Actual credit awarded is determined by the relevant department at your university in consultation with the study abroad office. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information.
UO students, please refer to the UO Course Equivalency Process and the UO Office of the Registrar Course Equivalency Database.