Administered by the UO Center for Asian and Pacific Studies (CAPS), the Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (FLAS) provides academic year and summer fellowships to undergraduate and graduate students in foreign language and either area or international studies. The FLAS Fellowships provide undergraduate students enrolled in year-long programs $5,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees; undergraduate students enrolled in summer programs $2,500 and mandatory feeds; graduate students enrolled in year-long programs $15,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees; graduate students enrolled in summer programs $2,500 plus tuition and mandatory fees.
- Applicant must be a citizen or eligible permanent resident of the US
- Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing at the UO, or have been accepted for admission to the UO
- Applicant must show potential for high academic achievement
- Applicant must demonstrate long-term interest in East Asia
- Undergraduates must be at the intermediate or advanced language level