The GEO Photo Contest gives you the chance to select the photos that best capture your amazing GEO adventure abroad and the person you became (or are becoming) as a result of it.
The contest has three themes (favorite place, souvenir/excursion,view from bedroom). It is up to you to interpret the thematic categories in a concrete (people, landscape, objects) or abstract (ideas, emotions, cultural concepts) way. All photos should in some way reflect your time abroad, and how you interacted with your host culture.
Including but not limited to inside your host-family’s house or apartment, inside your apartment, pictures of the city you live in, your favorite city streets, famous city monuments, quirky or unique aspects of the city in which your program took (takes) place, national/local festivals, etc.
Class and program excursions, weekend getaways or group outings. An item that you purchased, found, or received that is interesting or holds sentimental value to you.
VIEW FROM YOUR BEDROOM
Including but not limited to inside your bedroom, outside your window, or outside your apartment.
- Fill out the entry form
- Read the following photo submission guidelines provided below.
- All GEO program alumni are eligible to enter.
- Submit (multiple) photos in a zipped folder, attached to the email or via a Dropbox or Google Drive link.
- Submit all photos and documents to email@example.com.
- Minimum resolution: 300 dpi and/or 600 x 900 pixels
- No filtered photographs (i.e., Instagram). Appropriate photo content
- No more than 5 photos per category may be submitted
- Each photo must be accompanied by descriptive content