Internships allow you to jump-start your career with relevant and valuable work experience in a global environment. They also allow you to develop new global networks of professionals in your desired industry.
GlobalWorks onsite and virtual internships will give you these valuable skills necessary to be successful in a global context:
- Intercultural competence – gain cognitive flexibility on how to approach cultural differences
- Agility – learn to navigate real-world challenges across time zones and cultural boundaries
- Remote technology readiness – practice with virtual platforms and new communication techniques
- Problem-solving finesse – test and practice theories and knowledge learned in class into real-world problem solving through guided experiential learning cycle
- Creativity – take new ideas into effective action
The GlobalWorks Internships Include:
- Customized internship placement in the country and industry sector of your choice
- Project-based work
- Professional development activities
- Regular career coaching
- Internship monitoring and check-ins
Internship Career Sectors:
- Art and Design
- Business Operations (Logistics, Human Resources, Management)
- Finance and Accounting
- Journalism, Media, and Creative Industries
- Marketing, PR, & Advertising
- NGO and Non Profit
- STEM (Information Technology, Green Technology)
Summer in-person programs are available in UK (London), Spain (Oviedo) and Italy (Siena). Please visit the following links for specific position infomation.
Internships in London are customized. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your preferred sectors are not listed below for London.
- Finance and Accounting in UK
- Marketing, PR and Advertising in UK
- Event Planning in UK
- Business Administration in UK
- Information Technology in UK
- Equine Therapy in Spain
- Cathedral in Spain
- Banking and Finance in Italy
- Wine Business in Italy
Virtual Internship Locations:
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- and more
Students can earn 6-9 quarter credits through the internship course. For each internship credit, students need to work at least 30 hours. The number of credits for the internship course depends on the number of hours of the internship. For example, if a student works 30 hours per week for 9 weeks, they earn 9 UO internship credits. If a student works 20 hours per week for 8 weeks, they earn 6 credits.
Actual credit awarded is determined by the relevant department at your university in consultation with the study abroad office. Check with your study abroad advisor for more information.
UO students, please refer to the UO Course Equivalency Process and the UO Office of the Registrar Course Equivalency Database.
Required Application Materials:
1. A completed Online Application Form (the current form);
2. A cover letter in PDF format addressed "To Whom It May Concern" discussing the strengths and interests in the sector of your choice. Please use this cover letter template as a guide (https://globalworks.uoregon.edu/cover-letter-sample/).
3. A current resume in PDF format;
4. Official transcripts: due to COVID-19, only an electronic copy can be accepted. Please request a copy from your home institution and send it to email@example.com.
Program Cost: $3,500 for the Virtual Internship program. Cost for the onsite programs is currently being finalized.
|Term||Year||Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Virtual Program||2021||12/15/2020||late March/early April||Flexible|
|Summer Onsite program||2021||1/15/2021||6/3/2021||8/7/2021|
For current health, safety, and travel advisory information, search the US Department of State country webpage.