GEO is passionate about study abroad and hopes that every student is able to participate in a life-changing experience abroad. With this in mind, GEO offers the Map Your Future Scholarship to incoming freshmen that can be used for a study abroad program at any time during your college career. A number of scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded. These scholarship funds can be used for an eligible study abroad program any term from summer 2018 to summer 2021.
- University of Oregon students or students from a GEO partner or affiliate. Full list here: https://geo.uoregon.edu/partners
- Freshmen or First Year Students
- Note: first-year students with sophomore standing (more than 44 quarter or 29 semester credits) due to AP or IB credits are eligible
- Transfer students with less than 45 transfer credits from a previous college/university are eligible to apply
- Demonstrated financial need
- Please note: Students must also later meet the eligibility requirements of their selected study abroad program, which will be determined prior to their departure.
Note: you do not need to know which program you plan to participate in when you apply for the scholarship, and applying for the scholarship does not mean you are committing to a study abroad program.
UO students may use this scholarship towards any GEO or GEO-sponsored study abroad or internship abroad program. GEO and GEO-sponsored programs can be found on the GEO website: http://geo.uoregon.edu/programs.
GEO partner campus students may use this scholarship towards any GEO program.
Follow-on requirement for recipients:
A follow-on requirement of the Map Your Future Scholarship is that recipients will share their experiences and encourage other students to study abroad. More information is available in the online application.
Application Process and Deadline:
The online application consists of filling out information, writing two short essays, and supplying financial need information.
Please feel free to contact us at GEOglobe@uoregon.edu with any questions you may have.