The UO Department of International Studies offers Judy Fosdick Oliphant Scholarships to support undergraduate majors fulfilling the international experience requirement for the International Studies major. Every Fall, Winter and Spring Terms, three to five Oliphant Scholarships will be awarded.
The award amounts are variable, but average approximately $2,000 -$2,500 per awardee. The award must be used for upcoming travel within one year of receiving the award. Students applying for this award in the Spring are allowed to travel through Fall term of the following year.
- Enrolled full-time at the University of Oregon
- A major or double-major in International Studies (Pre-INTL not eligible)
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
Selection will be based on application materials and preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
- Cover sheet (instructions on INTL website)
- Current transcript
- Personal essay(instructions on INTL website)
- Budget detailing cost of travel
- Award Letter for the UO Office of Financial Aid
- Letter of recommendation from UO faculty
- Instructions can be found here.
Submit applications to PLC 175 by 4pm week 6 of fall, winter, and spring term. Or email your application to email@example.com