Several scholarships are available from external (non-GEO) sources. These vary in eligibility and deadlines.
- Gilman Scholarship: U.S. Citizens, Pell Grant recipients, undergrads only, up to $5,000
- Fund for Education Abroad: U.S. citizens/permanent residents. Minimum 28 days abroad. Undergrads only.
- Up to $1,500 for Summer programs, $5,000 for a term/semester, and $10,000 for academic year programs
- Rainbow Scholarship: For LGBTQI students
- Freeman Asia Scholarship: U.S. citizens/permanent residents. Minimum 8 weeks abroad in one country. Undergrads only.
- Eligible locations: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Up to $3,000 for Summer programs, $5,000 for a term/semester, and $7,000 for academic year programs
- Deadline: late March
- Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship
- $1,000 Scholarship
- Deadlines in mid-November (Winter/Spring programs) and mid-April (Fall programs)
- Diversity Abroad Overseas Ambassador Scholarship - not currently available
Non-GEO Programs (CIEE, IE3, SIT, and DIS)
- CIEE Scholarships: For students going on a CIEE study abroad program.
- IE3 Global Scholarship: For students going on an IE3 study abroad program.
- SIT Scholarship / Pell Grant Match: For students going on an SIT study abroad program.
- DIS Scholarships: For students going on a DIS study abroad program. Need-based, merit-based, and diversity scholarships are available.
- CET Scholarships: Students going on the CET program in Brazil can apply for the Need-Based Scholarship, Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship and Academic Excellence Scholarship
New study abroad scholarship opportunities emerge every year from a variety of sources. The following is a list of national and international financial aid resources.
- FinAid: Provides general information for use of Federal aid, as well as links to large “searchable” databases for scholarships, loans and grants.
- Go Abroad: Online directory that can connect students with a variety of study abroad scholarship opportunities.
- Go Overseas: Offers several different scholarships, including a Study & Intern Abroad Scholarship, a Volunteer Abroad Scholarship, a Teach Abroad Scholarship, and scholarships for specific countries.
- IIE Study Abroad Funding: Comprehensive database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants that allows you to search by country or subject.
- IIE Travel Grants: Made possible by the generous support of private donors.
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA): Premier resource for financial aid, college scholarship, and grant information for US and international students wishing to study abroad.
- International Scholarships: Search site for financial aid, college scholarships, and international scholarships.
- Oregon Student Assistance Commission: Provides financial aid and scholarship information for Oregon residents. See "Scholarships Programs" for a list of current awards administered by the Commission.
- Scholarships.com: Scholarship search engine that helps students find scholarship opportunities for college, including funding for studying abroad.
- Rotary International: Search for scholarships that support the six causes of your local Rotary Club.