A scholarship of up to $10,000 is available for 1-2 students accepted for participation in the year-round exchange program with the University of Pavia, Italy. In the event there are no applicants for the Pavia exchange in any given year, the scholarship funds may be awarded to students participating in other language and culture programs in Italy, including Lecce, Siena Language & Culture, or Ferrara.
Additional Italy Study Abroad Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at the UO.
- Applicant must ultimately be accepted to participate in a UO-sponsored program in Italy.
- First priority will be given to students participating in the exchange with the University of Pavia for the academic year. Other eligible programs include: Lecce, Siena Language & Culture, and Ferrara for Summer, Fall, Winter/Spring, Spring, and academic year programs.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need (based on FAFSA). International students must complete a Financial Aid Worksheet, available during the application process.
Selection is based on financial need, academic merit, and a well-completed scholarship application.
The GEO Scholarship Committee will review applications and make the awards.