Annually, at least one $1,000-$2,000 scholarship will be awarded to students accepted for participation in UO-sponsored study abroad or international internship programs with a minimum length of one academic term. Selection is based on academic merit, financial need, and a well-completed scholarship application. Special consideration will be given to residents of Kauai and for students with Education, Business, or Journalism majors. The GEO Scholarships Committee will select the recipients.
Important: There will be a number of Tanaka Miller Scholarships in the amount of $3,000 - $5,000 available exclusively to students participating in programs during Spring Semester 2020 and Spring Quarter 2020.
Tanaka Miller Scholarship Requirements:
- Must be a Hawaiian resident.
- Must not be a language major.
- Must be undertaking their first study abroad or international internship experience.
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking under graduate or graduate student at the UO.
- Must have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Must demonstrate financial need (based on FAFSA).
Winter Quarter: November 1, 2019
Spring Semester: November 1, 2019
Spring Quarter: November 1, 2019
Fall Semester/Quarter: April 10, 2020