GEO aims to make study abroad accessible to as many UO students as possible. To advance this goal, GEO is offering a new scholarship called the SAGE Scholarship (Study Abroad Global Equity) for students who identify as BIPOC, First-Gen, and/or low-income.
The SAGE Scholarship can be used to study or intern abroad on a GEO-sponsored credit-bearing program. GEO is offering multiple SAGE Scholarship awards of $3,000 - $5,000.
There will be one annual deadline (November 15). Recipients will be announced in mid-December, and the funds must be used for a program that will begin in the subsequent calendar year. This means that students applying during the November 15, 2023 deadline should plan to study abroad on a program that begins in winter, spring, summer, or fall 2024. Recipients of the SAGE Scholarship can use part of the award to cover the $500 deposit (if applicable to your study abroad program).
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- Full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at the UO
- Identify as one or more of the following identities: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), first-generation college students, and/or low-income.
- Demonstrate financial need (based on FAFSA/ORSAA). International students will complete the Financial Resources Form.
- Applicants must be planning to participate in a credit-bearing GEO-sponsored program in 2024. This includes winter 2024, spring 2024, summer 2024, and fall 2024)
Recipients of the SAGE Scholarship will be expected to share their experiences and encourage other students to study abroad. This may include participating in GEO events and contributing media content such as photographs, video, and testimonials.