Study abroad advising will only be available remotely July 15-24, 2022 during the World Athletics Championships Oregon22.
Just getting started?
- Explore the Student Guide to help you prepare for a successful study abroad experience
- Share your interests so we can connect you with the right GEO team member (for UO and non-UO students).
- Connect with a program coordinator during office hours (5-15 minute conversations), great for quick questions!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Know who you want to speak with?
Make an appointment in advance through Navigate (UO students). Non-UO students please email to setup an appointment. All in-person meetings take place at 300W Oregon Hall unless noted below:
Elizabeth Abbasi (On temporary leave until end of June 2022)
Courtney Brost (Advises for: First-year students, exploring majors, and students studying abroad in 2023 or later)
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/_twnL9_0wG
Ben Callaway (Advises for programs in: UK):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/DAn39iPAqe
Alyssa Červenka (Advises for programs in: UK, Ireland, Italy, Scandinavia, GlobalWorks Internships, DIS, and USAC):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/WN0bbiwU5x
Kim Eitner (Advises for: First-year students, exploring majors, and students studying abroad in 2023 or later)
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/JYwUf-IDr2
Quinne Hauth (Advises for programs in: UK, Western Europe, IE3 programs):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/6JZq8cVY7S
Jenn Kuan-Petitti (Advises for: Exchange programs and programs in Israel) - out of office June 3-25:
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/LNh739kMol
Patrick McMurdo (Advises for programs in: Africa, Barcelona, Latin America, Oceania, and Wildlands Studies):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/qBftvC8nR6
Bernice Ofori-Parku (Advises for programs in Spain):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/jOAmQ6Uyhp
Sarah Pearson (Advises for: CIEE, SIT, First-year students, exploring majors, and students studying abroad in 2023 or later)
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/Dc_qPoilZA
Emma Rinaldi (Advises for exploring students):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/7rSRL9UbXJ
Luis Ruiz (Advises for: GEO Scholarships, Boren, Fulbright, Gilman Scholarships, and Mexico exchange programs):
- For appointments, book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/LcP_A-R8fu
Yifang Zhang (Advises for: GlobalWorks Internships):
- Virtual office hours for Academic Terms: Monday and Wednesday 1:00pm-2:00pm: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94491106055
- For appointment (virtual) please book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/T-y-9hV1uB.
- In-person appointment is only available by appointment. Please email email@example.com first. The location is at 110 Gerlinger Hall.
Pre-Advising Questions to Ask Yourself
As you start thinking about studying abroad (your goals, the type of experience you want to have, the programs you might be interested in, the planning process), you may want to consider asking yourself the following questions:
- What do you want to come away with from this experience? What are your top priorities when it comes to studying abroad? Is it satisfying specific major/graduation requirements? Is it the practical or cultural experience? Perhaps personal growth? Connections to faculty members? Maybe all of the above?
- How comfortable do you feel traveling and/or living abroad? Are you looking for a program/experience that will be more structured with on-site support? Or are you looking for a more independent experience?
- Do you have dependents or other special needs that will need accommodation while abroad?
- How long do you want to be away?
- Do you want to live in a dorm? With a host family? In an apartment?
- How important is cost to you? Do you have a personal budget or cost-range in mind?
- What scholarships and financial resources do you currently have to attend university? What others are you able/willing to apply for to fund this experience?
- When is the best time for you to go? Have you talked with your major advisor about graduation requirements and perhaps figured out when a study abroad program would fit in nicely with your graduation schedule?