Just getting started?
- Share your interests so we can connect you with the right GEO team member (for UO and non-UO students).
- Connect with a program coordinator during office hours (5-15 minute conversations), great for quick questions or first conversations!
- Meet with a peer advisor! Study abroad alumni are available Wednesday and Thursday 12pm-1pm at 300W Oregon Hall.
- Explore the Student Guide to help you prepare for a successful study abroad experience.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Know who you want to speak with?
Visit one of our program coordinators during their individual office hours or make an appointment in advance through Navigate (UO students). All in-person meetings take place at 300W Oregon Hall unless noted below:
Elizabeth Abbasi (Advises for programs in: Spain and Latin America):
- Office Hours: Tuesdays, 12pm-1:30pm (remote only) https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94856420761
- For appointments, book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/-PAprpYpFP
Kerby Boschee (Advises for programs in: Italy, Germany, and Oceania):
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/D3uE7qX7HU.
Ben Callaway (Advises for programs in: UK):
- Office Hours: Fridays 1:30pm-3pm (in person) NO OFFICE HOURS January 14th
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/DAn39iPAqe
Alyssa Červenka (Advises for programs in: UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, GlobalWorks Internships, DIS, and USAC):
- Office Hours (Winter Term): Wednesdays 1:30pm-3pm (remote only) https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/97330155000
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/WN0bbiwU5x
Dana Elliott (Advises for: First-year students, exploring majors, and students studying abroad in 2023 or later)
- Available by appointment: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/SHr7e7-3PW
Quinne Hauth (Advises for programs in: UK, Francophone world, CIEE and SIT programs):
- Office Hours (Winter Term): Tuesday 9-12pm: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94929638841
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/6JZq8cVY7S
Jenn Kuan-Petitti (Advises for: Exchange programs and programs in Oceania):
- Office Hours (Winter Term): Thursdays 1:30-3pm (remote only): https://uoregon.zoom.us/s/3411400207
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/LNh739kMol
Patrick McMurdo (Advises for programs in: Africa, Spain, Latin America, Oceania, and Wildlands Studies):
- Office Hours: Wednesday 1:30pm-3pm (in person)
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/qBftvC8nR6
Yifang Zhang (Advises for: GlobalWorks Internships):
- Virtual office hours: Monday and Wednesday 1:00pm-3:00pm: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94491106055
- For appointments book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/T-y-9hV1uB The location for GlobalWorks in-person advising is at 110 Gerlinger Hall.
Luis Ruiz (Advises for: GEO Scholarships, Boren, Fulbright, Gilman Scholarships, and Mexico exchange programs):
- Office Hours (Winter 2022): Monday 3:00-4:00pm and Thursday 1:00-3:00pm -- in person or remote: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94572517903
- For appointments, book through Navigate: https://uo.campus.eab.com/pal/LcP_A-R8fu
Pre-Advising Questions to Ask Yourself
As you start thinking about studying abroad (your goals, the type of experience you want to have, the programs you might be interested in, the planning process), you may want to consider asking yourself the following questions:
- What do you want to come away with from this experience? What are your top priorities when it comes to studying abroad? Is it satisfying specific major/graduation requirements? Is it the practical or cultural experience? Perhaps personal growth? Connections to faculty members? Maybe all of the above?
- How comfortable do you feel traveling and/or living abroad? Are you looking for a program/experience that will be more structured with on-site support? Or are you looking for a more independent experience?
- Do you have dependents or other special needs that will need accommodation while abroad?
- How long do you want to be away?
- Do you want to live in a dorm? With a host family? In an apartment?
- How important is cost to you? Do you have a personal budget or cost-range in mind?
- What scholarships and financial resources do you currently have to attend university? What others are you able/willing to apply for to fund this experience?
- When is the best time for you to go? Have you talked with your major advisor about graduation requirements and perhaps figured out when a study abroad program would fit in nicely with your graduation schedule?