Just getting started?
- Share your interests so we can connect you with the right GEO team member (for UO and non-UO students).
- Connect with a program coordinator during Zoom office hours (UO and non-UO students, schedule below)
- Explore the Student Guide to help you prepare for a successful study abroad experience.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Know who you want to speak with?
Visit one of our program coordinators during their individual office hours (available for UO and non-UO students):
Elizabeth Abbasi (interest areas: Spain and Latin America):
- Office hours: Tuesday 11am-12pm / Thursday 11am-12pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/91632956597
Kerby Boschee (Interest areas: Italy, Germany, and Oceania):
- Office hours: Tuesday 10am-12pm / Thursday 10am-12pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/4414143032
Ben Callaway (Lead Advisor; interest areas: UK and Europe):
- Office hours: Monday 10am-11am / Wednesday 9:30am-11am
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/91932889682
Alyssa Červenka (interest areas: Europe and Global Works Internships):
- Office hours: Monday 1:30pm-3:30pm / Friday 10am-12pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/93775590687
Quinne Hauth (interest areas: UK, France, and Francophone world):
- Office hours: Wednesday 10am-12pm / Friday 10am-12pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/5978194259
Grace Honeywell (interest areas: Latin America and SE Asia):
- Office hours: Monday 10am-12pm / Wednesday 10am-12pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/96934017476
Jenn Kuan (interest areas: Exchanges programs and Oceania):
- Office hours: Tuesday 1pm-3pm / Thursday 9am-11am
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/3411400207
Patrick McMurdo (interest areas: Africa, Spain, Latin America, and Oceania):
- Office hours: Thursday 9am-11am / Friday 9am-11am
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/3461771819
Yifang Zhang (interest areas: Global Works Internships; Asia):
- Office hours: Monday 1pm-3pm / Wednesday 1pm-3pm
- Join on Zoom: https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/94491106055
Pre-Advising Questions to Ask Yourself
As you start thinking about studying abroad (your goals, the type of experience you want to have, the programs you might be interested in, the planning process), you may want to consider asking yourself the following questions:
- What do you want to come away with from this experience? What are your top priorities when it comes to studying abroad? Is it satisfying specific major/graduation requirements? Is it the practical or cultural experience? Perhaps personal growth? Connections to faculty members? Maybe all of the above?
- How comfortable do you feel traveling and/or living abroad? Are you looking for a program/experience that will be more structured with on-site support? Or are you looking for a more independent experience?
- Do you have dependents or other special needs that will need accommodation while abroad?
- How long do you want to be away?
- Do you want to live in a dorm? With a host family? In an apartment?
- How important is cost to you? Do you have a personal budget or cost-range in mind?
- What scholarships and financial resources do you currently have to attend university? What others are you able/willing to apply for to fund this experience?
- When is the best time for you to go? Have you talked with your major advisor about graduation requirements and perhaps figured out when a study abroad program would fit in nicely with your graduation schedule?
For UO students located in the United States, the university will not sponsor study abroad programs in fall 2020. Future programs remain under continuous review. As alternatives, the university is offering the following programs for students to maintain a global education while travel is limited: